Complaints on Land Application of Manure

Citizens who have a complaint about land application of animal manure should call to register their complaint through the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) 24-hour Spill Line.  The Spill Line number is 888-233-7745.  If the complaint is relative to a manure release that is actively going into a stream or public lake, a spill responder will likely be dispatched immediately.  If it is a general complaint that relates to concern with whether the application is occurring in compliance with state regulations the information relative to the complaint will be routed to the appropriate staff, IDEM’s CFO Compliance Section or the State Chemists Office, for follow up.

Bruce Palin

Assistant Commissioner

Office of Land Quality

Indiana Department of Environmental Management